|About the Australian Healthcare Summit
A strong healthcare system is integral to improving the health of the population and tackling social inequalities in health. Recent reform processes; managing service demand; new agencies; and new technology provide both challenges and opportunities for Australia's healthcare industry.
With the theme of patient centric collaborative healthcare, the Australian Healthcare Summit 2013 is the annual event for the healthcare industry focusing on government policy; public / private collaboration; role of the private sector; new initiatives; and best practice for improved delivery of health care and positive outcomes.
Presentations are made by senior representatives from government and the public and private sectors. The high level program focuses on the key issues in the funding; development; management; and productive use of Australia's healthcare resources. It attracts attendees from all sectors of the healthcare industry including Federal and State government departments and agencies; Local Health & Hospital Networks; public and private hospitals; primary healthcare; GPs; private health providers; insurance providers; and industry associations.
This is your opportunity to gain valuable insight into this dynamic industry and network with your peers. This is an event not to be missed!
If you attend one healthcare event in 2013 then this is it!
Conference topics will focus on the key issues and latest developments in health including:
• Healthcare reforms and policy
• Case studies from Local Health Networks and Hospitals
• e-health and electronic health records
• Establishment of Medicare Locals
• Innovation in healthcare
• Aged care provision
• Governance in healthcare
• Clinical leadership
• Funding strategies
• Role of the private sector
• Strategies for greater public / private collaboration for improved outcomes
• Use of greater incentives in private healthcare provision
• Managing a modern healthcare system
• Managing funding pressures and meeting productivity requirements
• Value for money in primary healthcare provision
• Planning and funding priorities to meet growing demand
• Rural healthcare strategies
• Medicines use and policy
• The challenge to improve hospital performance and the patient journey
• Advancements in medical technology
This event is attended by senior representatives from the following organisations:
• Government departments and agencies
• Local Hospital Networks
• Public hospitals
• Private hospitals
• Health insurance providers
• Primary health care providers
• Pharmaceutical organisations
• Aged care organisations
• Healthcare consultants
• Medical centres
• Industry associations
• Pharmaceutical companies
• Medical device suppliers
• Surgical suppliers
• IT suppliers
Pullman Hotel Sydney Hyde Park
36 College Street
Sydney NSW 2010
Phone: 02 9361 8400
Fax: 02 9361 8599
We are currently negotiating rates with Pullman Hotel Sydney for delegate accommodation which will be posted on this website page in due course.